Our Lady of Fatima- Family Ministry
Families come in all shapes and sizes. A family includes all of us whether we are single, divorced, widowed, married, with or without children, young or aged, two parent families, single parent families, and families that are in transition from or to any of these categories. As Catholics, we are not alone. We depend on our Family, our Friends, our Faith Community, and our Faith in Jesus to help us through life.
The Adult and Family Ministry’s goal is to promote Catholic Life within the domestic church by providing services, programs and opportunities for formation and enrichment throughout the year. Faith in Christ is a life-long endeavor.
General meetings will be scheduled 1-2 times per month. These meetings will be in a “town-hall” fashion open to the parish in entirety. Committees will be formed to perform the different tasks and suggestions that arise from these meetings.
- Parent Formation class:
- It will be a small lesson to augment the lessons the students have during their CCD classes.
- To take place during Saturday CCD.
- Adult Catechesis:
- To provide an opportunity to bring Scripture and teachings to adult members of our parish.
- To meet the parish community wherever they are in their Catholic development.
- Adult/Family Multimedia formation
- Introduce different types of literature, movies and pop culture that promotes Catholic Values.
- Community and Parish Service Opportunities
- Parish Events
- Retreats and Days of prayer/reflection
First meeting to be scheduled during April 2019.